My pet chicken hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by lilchicklover, Jun 8, 2011.

1. lilchicklover

lilchicklover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I ordered 2 silkies, a buff orpington, a light brahma, 2 silver-laced wyandottes, and a salmon faverolle from Mypetchicken.com and i was wondering how quality are their chickens. Im not going to be doing any shows, i just want to know of any problems or just how they are in general. I have heard from a couple people that they are good but i want to know what the BYC people think. Thanks![​IMG] P.S i have to tell someone that my chickens are now growing in their little eggs and will hatch the 27 of this month!! this is so exciting because im a first time chicken owner!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] YAh!!!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I ordered from MPC two years ago, and again this year. My BO is lovely, a sweety, and a good layer (generally 6 eggs a week). I also got a GLW (close to SLW) who is a very good layer and very pretty. She probably doesn't have as much lacing as breeders' birds, but I get lots of compliments on her. My silkies are a mixed bag. My blue and my partridge look pretty decent, but my reds are pretty poor quality. They're pretty pullets, but NOT pretty silkies - if that makes sense. I don't have your other breeds.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They drop ship their birds from a hatchery....they don't have their own breeder flocks. I think it's Meyer Hatchery they ship out of.

4. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    I Havve Seen About 50 Chickens From Them And Hundreds From Others I Wouls Say Thema Nd Mcmurray Have The Best Hatchery Stock..

5. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    They get their birds from Meyer. I cannot speak for the other breeds, but the Salmon Faverolles from Meyer have been everywhere in terms of quality. I have one really pretty hen and one that is mahogany colored with a black breast. They are supposedly going to be improving their faverolles line for 2012. Despite the cosmetic quality of the birds I have been very happy with their temperament and health!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by