My Pet Chicken is in business

columbiacritter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
Scappoose Oregon
They called me last week to give me a ship date for my order, April 20th
sad.png
. But not surprising since I'm getting 21 japanese bantams.

I was not at all shocked by their prices. $3.00 for straight run. Cheaper than McM.

big_smile.png

I got some really nice chicks from them in August, and I've just placed a new order for 4 female leghorns.

None of the local feed stores carry anything I want, and half the time they can't sex them. All of the other hatcheries want me to get 15 at a time, and I do not have the room for that many.

So for me I think the extra cost is worth it.

I did a pre-order too and my ship date is April 6th. Only 35 days to go lol. I can't wait for them to get here. This will be the first time I get chickens.

I did a pre-order and my order/account info got all mixed up.
sad.png
I really, really wanted to get the babies early in the spring so that we coudl have eggs this fall. I wanted a polish but might give up on that idea and just get an EE instead from the local feed store.

Quote:
Only the bantams are expensive to have sexed. the standard breed are only like 75cents more or pullets.

yeah i just noticed that.. P: i was looking at the bantam barred rock ( i thought it was standard )

Quote:
Your local feed store doesnt have leghorns??? That's surprising... very common chicken for feedstores to order. I've never not seen leghorns at the feedstore's around here.. even brown ones.

Most feed stores will special order for you, much cheaper and they get the chicks and put them in a brooder until you can pick up...

Quote:
The local feed store will special order for you but than you have to take all of the run of chicks, usually 15. If you just want a few you have to take what they have wich are usually sex links or easter eggers.

Back
Top Bottom