My Pet Chicken sent me a free order!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by tnchickenut, May 21, 2010.

1. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Here is what happened... I ordered 2 female Silver Sebrights and 3 st. run WAY back. Then the order date came and went and no chicks. I called they said they tried to reach me (which they did... I never check my voicemail) and tell me that the ship date was going to be pushed out three months. They asked if I wanted that ship date or a refund. I told them refund, which they did.
    Now, I get a suprise order from them of the sebrights. I called and they said the hatchery didn't get the memo (my words not theirs) so i could just enjoy my $60+ order for free!! Yay!!

I didn't really want the sebrights anymore, matter of fact, I'm getting 5 white wyandotte bantams from them Monday... but they are free and cute, so I guess I'll have a pet quality flock and a SQ flock. Either way, free birds are always fun!!

just wanted to share.

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Wow - what a great surprise!

You lucky chick lover [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Good thing the hatcheries have a "no return" policy. Yay for free birds!!

4. tnchickenut

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    I know! it is a good thing. They are so tiny and cute right now.... I can't wait to see what they feather out to be quality wise.

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    You can always bring them to Bryson City, NC to me ya know! [​IMG] I had a very similar thing happen to me 3 yrs back - I had ordered misc breeds from them but my order wasn't due to ship for another month. I get a phone call from my postmaster saying he had chicks for me and I told him there was no way they were mine since mine were not supposed to be shipped out for another month. He said all I know is I have peeping chicks! I called MPC and they said they weren't sure how the mix up happened, but that I could enjoy 7 BO's on them totally free of charge! [​IMG] What had happened is that they put the name and street address of the person the chicks were supposed to go to, but they put my zip code, not hers. I guess the P.O. mainly goes by the zip code first, then the street address so that's how they ended up with me. Feel sorry for the lady who had to wait longer for more to ship to her though. [​IMG]

6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    That is so wonderfully nice! Just remember them next time you want to place an order. [​IMG] But seriously, that was a very nice surprise. [​IMG]

7. tnchickenut

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Quote:I'm barely across the NC/TN border.... and I have a TON of chickens. Anytime you are looking for something and wouldn't mind the drive PM me. Right now I have a load of cockrels I have to unload or they go to freezer camp. Multiple barnevelders, Delawares, Barred Rocks, a silver sebright wannabe (if you saw him you'd know what I mean) and more to come as a load of 70 chicks feather out and show their true color patterns. Phew. I'm sure I'll have Wheaten Penedesencas too... I have 24 in the 'bator now. Then more Dels two weeks after that. Someone save me!!!!

Oh and I forgot... bantam delaware cockrels too.

Last edited: May 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by