My Pet Chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 5Chickens, Apr 3, 2009.

1. 5Chickens

5Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2007
    Has anyone ordered day old chicks off of mypetchicken.com? Have you had any problems? I am thinking about ordering some more chicks from there. [​IMG]

Thank you! [​IMG]

2. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    I am also looking to do this and would be interested in this answer

vortec

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My batch is getting shipped on 4/27. I'm getting 1 each: blue polish, BA, & BR. Coffeelady3 is getting a polish & a silkie, and my neighbors are getting 2 polish.

We're all excited!

4. HilltopFarm

HilltopFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2009
    The Garden State
    I'm new to chickens, just got my shipment on wednesday. I ordered from meyer hatchery and I was very pleased with them, they are all (12) very healthy and happy chicks!!

5. jhmoore

jhmoore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2008
    Holly, Michigan
    I ordered from My pet Chicken and was very pleased with the results. I ordered 20 chicks, and they sent 21- but no, the extra wasn't a roo. One of my planned chicks did end up being a roo, but one in 21 isn't bad. They were all alive and very healthy. I ordered 3 australorps, 8 polish (4 white crested black, 4 silver laced), 3 buff orpingtons, 4 easter eggers, 1 golden laced wyandotte, and one Barred rock- they sent 2 barred rocks. Both BR were hens, one of the BA ended up being a rooster. All are still alive and well. Customer service was great. I would definitely use them again! Good luck.

6. 5Chickens

5Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2007
    Thank you for all of the feedback! [​IMG]
    I was happy to know that mypetchicken had a lot of the breeds that I like and they are all available still [​IMG]

7. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    I ordered from them this year for the first time ever!!! i got 5 lil cuties coming next week!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    I ordered chickens from them last year (my first chicken order) and I was very pleased with the chickens, the shipping and the customer service. I ordered 27 that I split with 2 other people.

9. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

My order is being shipped 4/27 also! I ordered 2 EE, I blue cochin, GLW, SLW, 1 cuckoo maran and a BO 7 all together!

I found them to be very nice to deal with and very helpful. They told me no peanuts.

10. jacobclayton

jacobclayton New Egg

Mar 17, 2009
    I ordered eight chicks (four barred rocks and four white rocks) last June. They arrived on the right date, were all very healthy, and all were the right sex. I would order from them again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by