My Pet Chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by anniemoo, Apr 23, 2009.

1. anniemoo

anniemoo Out Of The Brooder

Received my order today from MPC of 10 bantams-1 was doa, 1 died shortly afterward, 1 doesn't look so good. They were shipped express mail on 4/21. I called and they were very nice, credited me for 3 and want me to keep them informed if I lose anymore. They said they are going to be getting new heat pads that will last much longer than the ones they have now.

2. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    aww sorry to hear about the ones that didn't make it. Hope the rest are fine!

3. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Oh No!!!!

I have ordered three from them to be shipped in June...now I am scared....[​IMG]

4. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Anyone have experience with them? I had heard good things, but now I'm a little spooked....

5. anniemoo

anniemoo Out Of The Brooder

I think you will be okay, because they do ship express mail-I am just too far away I think and also we did have a cold snap. I found MPC very good to work with.

6. HoosierHens

HoosierHens New Egg

Nov 10, 2008
    I happily received my 8 gals a week ago from MPC. All are still doing well. I was a little disappointed that they did not give me advance warning - when I ordered, they confirmed that the girls would be shipped the week of the 13th. I thought they also said they would contact me again in advance of the package coming. Thankfully, my postal worker brought them safely to my door the first day they arrived in my hometown.[​IMG]

7. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    i am ordering 8 chicks from them.I looked at jow much the bantams were for females and they were 10.00 eachi was like omg.but.........i still orderd 2, lol.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by