1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Pet Chicken

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by laughingclown, Apr 1, 2012.

1. laughingclown

laughingclown Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2011
    Linden, Michigan
    So I ordered 9 Black Copper Marans, 9 Golden Cuckoo Marans and 3 Golden Polish eggs from My Pet Chicken. All of them came intact however they are developing very poorly. Im basing this of of the 50% rate rule. All the Polish are looking gooking good. BCM are skeptical and NO Golden Cuckoos. NONE. Im so disapointed. I know its not my incubator. I have 19 of my own eggs in there and they are doing great. I cracked them open and there is no level of development. They dont even look fertilized. I think thier breeder sucks. I spent 8.00 per egg. Crap load of money to say the least because I couldnt find the Cuckoos. Im so sad. I would of thought at least 1, 1 egg would have developed. Im at a loss. My plans are screwed. Anyway. Just wanted to vent.

2. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    have you contacted the seller to let them know? or did they have a disclaimer when you bought them that they would do nothing?

Im sorry your eggs where bad. maybe you could try again. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  3. laughingclown

Aug 5, 2011
    Linden, Michigan
    I sent them an email but I highly doubt they will do anything. The have a disclaimer on shipped eggs like everyone else. I would try again but in this day in age I dont have a lot of extra money. I spent over 70.00 on just the Cuckoos alone. Not to mention I cant really find any that are available right now. I have contemplated trying to get some Swedish Flower hens since Im stricking out with the Cuckoos. What a drag!

4. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    what state are you in?

5. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i ordered 12 silkie eggs from MPC. they sent me 4 extra, which was nice. but i candled today at day 7 and i only have 4 good ones. :( i'm not happy with that. i know shipped eggs are more difficult to hatch....but i would be happy with 7 good ones this early in the game. if i only have 4 good ones now, i wonder how many will hatch outta that number?

6. laughingclown

Aug 5, 2011
    Linden, Michigan
    Im in Michigan.

7. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    Ive bought eggs from them twice. Last year I ordered 18 eggs and only got one to hatch. This i ordered 12. 6 BV eggs and 6 blue copper marans. I put 3 of each in my incubator and gave 3 of each to my broody. Same things for me none of the BV all clear nothing happened with them. The BCM I had one in my bator that looked promising and my broody had one that looked good then we each had one iffy one. I ended up getting rid of all bad eggs and giving the ok looking eggs all to broody. Sat was hatching day I only got one bcm. I emailed them to let them know about the BV eggs not complaining exactly but just told them that may want to use a different source for those eggs. They sent me a email back saying pretty much nothing. I'll never buy eggs from them again.

8. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    I had a horrible experience with mpc. i order 12 eggs. Waited 4 days longer, then opened box. there were 9 eggs ( ***??? ) and three were cracked. Great. Half the eggs i was supposed to have, they barely developed, not even sure if they were fertile or not. Never going back.

9. laughingclown

Aug 5, 2011
    Linden, Michigan
    Im a pretty quiet person and It takes a lot to get me mad to the point to where I complain. But as well known as this site is and as many members I think we need as many experiences and reivews in here as possible in here. If we get a lot of good ones so be it. If bad then we need to spread the word and look out for other chicken enthusiasts. I hate getting scammed. Maybe If yhey get enough concerns directed at them then they may change thier tune. Also we should get a thread with all of the Independant members who sell chicks and eggs and what breeds. One click breed referencing. I dont know how to search for a particular member. This would make it easy.

10. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    yeah, i'm never buying eggs from them again either. i love buying chicks from them, but not eggs. out of 16 silkie eggs i only have 3 good ones. now i know that silkie eggs are harder to hatch...that's true. but when i candled, i had a bowl that i put the duds in (i didn't crack them open) and u shoulda seen how full that bowl was. 10 silkie eggs that were so clear during candling. they looked like eggs when you candle them BEFORE you incubate them. i can understand if i had growth on say 12 eggs and only 3 hatched or something...but to have no growth on 10 eggs??!! so forget them from now on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by