My Pet Goose Is Hrt Is Foot I Think Is Broken What Shall I Do

Discussion in 'Geese' started by tsc11, Jul 13, 2011.

1. tsc11

tsc11 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    I Put The Ganzer On Some Hay He Can Stand Up Fine But What Should I Do To Help Him

2. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    I'm sorry, your post is hard to follow, but I think you're trying to say that one foot appears broken, and he is standing only on the other foot.

Obviously, if this is a pet, and its at all possible, you should take the bird to a vet to have the foot examined, and if it really is broken, have the bones set properly. Otherwise, it could heal poorly, and complications could set in.

If that's absolutely not an option, for whatever reason, your next best bet would probably be to try to set the foot yourself, with a lot of assistance from other people. That is going to be a hard and painful thing to do, and results are not guaranteed by any means.

If you do nothing, it may heal and be functional, it may heal so that the bird can't walk on it, or complications can set in and the bird, worst case, could die.

Really, I strongly encourage you to try to find an avian vet who can deal with this properly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by