My pet peeve with forums/message boards.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pet Duck Boy, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Bad grammar! I hate, hate, hate it!!! Language arts/English class was always my strong subject in school....even though I rarely read books. So whenever I make a post it has to be flawless to me....[​IMG] If it has one word that is misspelled after posting I HAVE to go back and edit it. I always double check my posts like I'm writing an essay. I know a few people on these forums who don't use a single period, but a majority are on the other forums I use!

Example: hi mm y name is mandy and i just got some knew chickins what should I feed them because all i have right now is starter is it ok if i fed them just that and they keep layying down in wierd positions why do they do that are tehy sik

There's not 'many' people who do that on BYC, thankfully....but like I said I know of 15 other users who type exactly like that on the other forums I use. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Grammar is spelled "grammar". [​IMG]

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Quote:LOL I tend to agree, but I have to point out that, in spite of it being your strong suit, it is spelled "Grammar"..... [​IMG]

4. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    No one is perfect! As I have gotten older I have come to the realization that sweating the small stuff really doesn't matter [​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I hate to point this out [​IMG] , but you misspelled "mispelled".

I know exactly what you mean, though. I try to make allowances for folks being in a hurry, or they didn't take a keyboarding class in school.

6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    So much is lost in written communication. All the non-verbal cues humans rely on are lost: ie- tone, humor, facial expressions, idiomatic expressions, purposeful speech patters, and mistakes. The written word has power, but only so much can be gleaned from a sentance.

Somestimes yaz just gotsta sing it likes ya mean it!

7. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    really it bothers you that much? I dont even spell check half of the time, I would rather spend my time helping someone out or chatting than taking the time to make sure it is something I could present to a teacher. This is a forum, in other words people talking to each other in a casual fasion not an English class. There are very few times I can not understand what a person is saying but to expect the grammar to be perfect here is having high hopes [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Darn! I failed! [​IMG]

OK, so maybe I'm not perfect either....but I just don't like it when people don't bother editing posts and such.

9. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    You will find this problem in any forum you got to, some of the members might not be as "smart" as you are in the english department. You will also find young members that don't spell or use grammar is properly! This isn't the first time I've seen a post like yours. There is not alot that can be done about it unfortunately, besides upsetting people.

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:But everything I say is so incredibly intelligent and perfect that I don't need to edit my posts because I want to get it up on the forum right away since that's the only way to get people to read your posts and I really want tons and tons of people to read my posts 'cuz they're always so incredibly intelligent and interesting not to mention perfect.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by