My pet peeve with forums/message boards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Maybe I acted like I wanted it perfect....
roll.png
There's NO WAY I would actually dream about everyone on BYC typing flawlessly, lol. Maybe what I ment to say is that I don't like it when I have a hard time understanding a post.

Quote:
But everything I say is so incredibly intelligent and perfect that I don't need to edit my posts because I want to get it up on the forum right away since that's the only way to get people to read your posts and I really want tons and tons of people to read my posts 'cuz they're always so incredibly intelligent and interesting not to mention perfect.

big_smile.png

LOL!

Last edited:
Quote:
But everything I say is so incredibly intelligent and perfect that I don't need to edit my posts because I want to get it up on the forum right away since that's the only way to get people to read your posts and I really want tons and tons of people to read my posts 'cuz they're always so incredibly intelligent and interesting not to mention perfect.

big_smile.png

LOL!

Duck Boy, I'm glad you "got it", because I'd feel really bad if you thought I was making fun of you. You're a good guy.

geez, Ms. Orp., you crack me up!
yuckyuck.gif

As we get older, things do not seem as important as our English teachers insisted they were. I want my son to do his best when his best is expected, but this is BYC. I expect people to be nice, have funny posts, good questions, and not worry about an English critique. You just have to shrug off the small stuff, because as you age the big stuff starts to worry you more. If you worried about EVERYTHING, you would be paralyzed.

Last edited:
I do proofread, I do edit - because I never took typing. But I don't mind misspellings much. It's the long, run-on sentence without any paragraphs that I will look at and move on without answering. Simply because I can't read it.

I'll agree with the "I have no idea what this person wants" issue.

But will say I don't bother editing an informational post if someone has already quoted it. Unless the post has BAD info, or is in an important thread---I will usually delete, then post a retraction, so there is no confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom