My pets hate me right now :p

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by KDOGG331, Oct 25, 2015.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Starting today I'm implementing a crash course/cold turkey no cans of wet food and no people food diet for the pets for one week cause they're spoiled. The dog really never gets cans anyway but the cat does daily.

The cat is ****** and had been following me and meowing at me almost all day begging for a can despite having a full bowl of dry food lmao

And with the dog I must admit I've slipped and given him some treats today but no more. The cat's been getting a can every day since June. And the dog's been getting treats every time I eat so he begs hard and obnoxiously close and both are ****** lol

Also, the cat's been trying to eat the dog's food? ***?

I caught her twice and chased her away. Her food is right next to it on the dresser but his is more moist or tastes better or something? Idk. She used to love her food and will still eat it but she's just spoiled and wants a can haha

I maybe need a new brand though.

And just caught her eating it for the third time as I type. Actually away from the bowl, chewing it, after having snagged a piece. STOP IT CAT. YOU HAVE YOUR FOOD.

2. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Deleted this part hah

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    But oh well. Oh and also the chicks are hatching tomorrow. :)

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I tried that a couple of times, I couldn't take the staring and the whining, I cracked, good luck. I think they are using mind control.

[​IMG]

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    because this is a family friendly forum and some parents don't really want to explain to their ten year old what that abbreviation stands for.

6. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    You are actually doing your cat a great disservice by cutting out wet food and feeding only dry food, and it will impact long term health if you do not resume feeding it on a daily basis. I'll let this article explain it to you. If you are skeptical, than I suggest you look at some of the references at the bottom of the article.

7. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts

That makes sense, sorry, I'll delete that part

8. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts

Hahah ohh boy! With that many faces I wouldn't be able to take it either!! Thankfully though it's only temporary until he stops being right in my face lol

9. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts

Thanks for the info but I'm actually not cutting it out completely, at least not forever. Just this week. I'll read the article but the reason I started feeding the wet food in the first place was because I had heard it's better for them, that they get most of the water from food, that it helps with and preventing a lot of stuff, etc. And I assume it's probably similar things in the article? I'll read it though. But yeah, it's not permanent. I'm only doing it because she has gotten obnoxious and constantly begs for it and she won't eat any dry if she sees me so I'm trying to get her to eat it in between. I know some people only feed wet and I've actually heard that's better (I think?) but it's made her obnoxious and very spoiled. I do blame myself though because I've been just giving her a can whenever she begs for it rather than set times. But either way she's very annoying and won't eat the dry when she's hungry. So I'm just cutting her off for a week so she can not be obnoxious and needy and spoiled and then when she chills out I will resume daily feeding but this time only once or twice a day at set times. I don't mind her begging around feeding time but she does it all day until I cave. Although she ate the dry food when I brought it downstairs and put it on the floor. She's so weird. She can jump on the dresser perfectly fine and even jumped on it several times today just to beg yet she couldn't jump up to eat her food. She even resorted to the dog food she's so lazy haha yet I put it downstairs and locked her down there (didn't want her eating dog food while we were gone) and she immediately started eating it. Which is exactly why I'm doing this haha

But anyway, we are going back. And she actually was on dry food all her life (she was even on Meow Mix for years, not my choice, and I think Science Diet as a kitten) until I bought her good quality dry food and some cases of wet back ib I think June? Then maybe August or September I got some more wet, variety packs, small cans this time. So I've been rotating brands and flavors, she has Earthborn Holistics (the old)(and the dry is Earthborn Holistics Primitive Feline) as well as a couple Wellness and a lot of Tiki Cat (the new). I know the wet's important as is good quality food so don't worry, she's going back on it. :) Even if it was just because we still have cans and I was cheap lol it's not though because I know it's good and I'm not cheap aha

Anyway, I do appreciate the article though. :)

10. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I keep caving with the dog lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by