My Pheonix chicks and the new babies :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by awheel11, Jun 25, 2010.

1. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Here are some pics of my young pheonixes! Unfortunately, I think I have quite a few roo's in the mix [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my new babies!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy!

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Very pretty .. Im thinking I need a pheonix soon...

3. RockyPhoenix

RockyPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    North Liberty
    I love my phoenixes! make sure you handle them and give them treats! they can be flighty if left on their own...we just now got my 4H ones calmed down...1 week before the fair! [​IMG] what color are they? i have golden bantams and blackbreasted bantams. yours look blackbreasted but theyre still young...SO CUTE!

4. awheel11

Jun 23, 2010
    I love them!! They've been pretty flighty but i've been working with them quite a bit and they are starting to get really friendly!! I'm not sure what variety they are yet, a friend gave me the eggs to hatch out so i guess i'll have to wait and see [​IMG] I'm hoping if they turn out to be good looking birds, I'll start hatching out eggs for others to enjoy! They're a lot of fun [​IMG]

5. RockyPhoenix

RockyPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    North Liberty
    batch that i hatched out will eat out of my hands and jump on my arm like roost its so cute! but then the second hatch i did....im finally getting them to eat out of my hands.....with watermelon! the first rooster is too big to go to fair so i have to take the smaller ones from the second batch lol! but yes they are super awesome! my breeding rooster (he just free ranges with the layers) is a really awesome roo! hes non aggressive but he scans the skies constantly and tells the girls to RUN! and also has led 2 dogs away from the hens! he runs in between and then hides in the weeds! i love him lol he has huge spurs, although hes never used them...i think..lol glad your having fun!! [​IMG]

6. awheel11

Jun 23, 2010
    We just finished building a separate pen for the phoenixes coming out of the barn! They love it, so much more room to play around in. And btw, I do believe your are right RockyPhoenix, these are blackbreasted! They just started developing all the black feathers [​IMG] sooo beautiful. I really hope my roos are as docile as yours, i just had to get rid of my roo, he was way too rough on the girls and was attacking my little 2 yr old cousin when he went out to hold his hen [​IMG]

7. chickenlover237

chickenlover237 Chillin' With My Peeps

soo cute! i have a breeding pair of silver pheonix's and they are the SWEETEST little things! they will sit in my lap and just conk out! the female though is my escape artist she gets out at LEAST 4 times a day and then in the process of getting her back in usually 5 or all of the other 8 chickens get out then i have to round them up and get them back in. they are about 14 weeks for the oldest ones and about 12 weeks for the younger ones, including teh pheonix pair.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by