My Phoenix rooster, Antonius Horribilus... (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Sep 14, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I found these pictures on my computer while I was looking for something else.

Meet Antonius Horribilus, also known as Antonio... He and I were excellent friends back in 2004, though no one else could get near him due to his general bad attitude and self-centered, flighty personality. He epitomized the word "cocky," hence the name "Horribilus."

I had to give Antonio away in 2005 because I was moving to Grand Rapids. He was a Silver Phoenix rooster. In these pics he was somewhere between two and three years old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a gratuitous headshot of Barney, the barred rock... He and Antonio didn't get along very well; Barney ruled the roost but never quite figured out how to crow like a normal rooster.

[​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Those are great pics! Sorry you had to give away that pretty rooster. [​IMG]

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Thanks! I thought about showing him, but I never did. He might have done pretty well at the fair.

I can't wait until we get our house built so that I can have chickens again. Want, want, want...

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    He is fabulous!!!!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Thou almost persuadest me to own a rooster again... if he were that beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by