1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My pics and guesses

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by beltonhunter, Nov 20, 2016.

1. beltonhunter

beltonhunter In the Brooder

Nov 20, 2016
    Belton texas
    [​IMG]
    This is my little Cockrell I believe him to be a leg horn. He was out of a mixed batch from tractor supply

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] I enlarged the picture and still could not see - if he has white ear lobes, he is a leghorn. If they are red, he is very likely a white rock.

3. beltonhunter

Nov 20, 2016
    Belton texas
    I believe they are red ear lobes. We is the same age as my production broiler hens even though they are the same age

4. beltonhunter

Nov 20, 2016
    Belton texas
    [​IMG]
    These are 2 new ones I bought yesterday a Americana and a jersey giant. Both should be pullets

5. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Hello! :frow Your "Americana" is actually an Easter Egger. I believe it's a pullet, but I can't tell for sure. Your Jersey Giant could also be a Black Australorp. If it has white under feet it is a Black Australorp. If it has yellow under feet it is a Jersey Giant. I'm not sure on gender for that one.

6. beltonhunter

Nov 20, 2016
    Belton texas
    Yeah I knew the small one was an Easter Egger. I was under the impression that Americana was the "technical name"

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    'Americana' is a hatchery generated name to describe birds which may or may not carry the blue egg color gene - ie Easter Eggers. Ameraucana or Araucana are 'true' breeds. Type Americana, ameraucana, araucana in the search bar at the top of the page to locate threads on these breeds.

1 person likes this.

8. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Oh, okay. :) You can say either, but since there's already so much confusion between Americana, Ameraucana, and Araucana I like to say Easter Egger.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I go with EE also

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    submit button malfunctioning yet again [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by