Attachments

• F9D68063-92E6-4D81-BB93-2773EED9B4F1.jpeg
    F9D68063-92E6-4D81-BB93-2773EED9B4F1.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 74D95DEE-E16B-436E-8C66-2337A55FE589.jpeg
    74D95DEE-E16B-436E-8C66-2337A55FE589.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 9
Do you know why this happened?
I never really ever became alarmed when the pigeons left the nest in my loft. Then again it never was for any long extended length of time that I noticed.

Are these first time parents I wonder?
What has the temperature been like in the loft as of late?
Pigeon pairs have different styles of parenting the same as humans.
Most of my pairs however stay with the hatching egg and help the squab escape from the confines of the shell.

I have noticed that the my females are not as dedicated to the nest the close the hatch date comes. They take more excursions to feed, drink and take advantage of treats
They are not as devoted to the clutch compared to when it was first laid.
I have some females that may indulge in a short flight it the temperature is warm enough in the loft and even a quick splash in a bath.

It is important the the nesting female in particular can bathe periodically to provide moisture to the incubating eggs which aids in the squab breaking through the shell more easily.

I have heard of fanciers having problems with hatching due to not providing enough baths for their birds (which is not a problem in this case).

I am not much help on this one.
It seems I have more questions then answers.
Hope all goes well with this clutch however will be watching for updates.

Last edited:
I never really ever became alarmed when the pigeons left the nest in my loft. Then again it never was for any long extended length of time that I noticed.

Are these first time parents I wonder?
What has the temperature been like in the loft as of late?
Pigeon pairs have different styles of parenting the same as humans.
Most of my pairs however stay with the hatching egg and help the squab escape from the confines of the shell.

I have noticed that the my females are not as dedicated to the nest the close the hatch date comes. They take more excursions to feed, drink and take advantage of treats
They are not as devoted to the clutch compared to when it was first laid.
I have some females that may indulge in a short flight it the temperature is warm enough in the loft and even a quick splash in a bath.

It is important the the nesting female in particular can bathe periodically to provide moisture to the incubating eggs which aids in the squab breaking through the shell more easily.

I have heard of fanciers having problems with hatching due to not providing enough baths for their birds (which is not a problem in this case).

I am not much help on this one.
It seems I have more questions then answers.
Hope all goes well with this clutch however will be watching for updates.
It’s just weird they were literally fine until the baby’s started to hatch and then they went on the perch right above them and been trying to get it on instead of helping the the baby’s they are both still alive but no progress

And both of the baby’s are alive still but no more progress
As long as the squabs have full crops and hopefully they cover the babies in the evenings when the temperatures begin to plummet I would not worry about it. Their eyes should be opening on about the 3rd day. Then they grow exponentially after that first thing you know they are flying.

Usually they do not begin a new clutch until about the 2nd week of development of the first squabs.

Your pair sound like over achievers.

As long as the squabs have full crops and hopefully they cover the babies in the evenings when the temperatures begin to plummet I would not worry about it. Their eyes should be opening on about the 3rd day. Then they grow exponentially after that first thing you know they are flying.

Usually they do not begin a new clutch until about the 2nd week of development of the first squabs.

Your pair sound like over achievers.
I have nothing to feed these poor baby’s one of them is halfway hatched but seems it can get out and one has peaked but that’s all the birds have fully stopped taking care of them

Back
Top Bottom