My Pigeon won't Stand Up!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dinos_rock, May 18, 2008.

1. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    My Fantail Pigeon is lying down on the floor. She won’t stand up. She is eating and drinking and acting fairly normal as far as I can tell, but she just won’t stand. She laid two eggs between yesterday and today. When I pick her up she seems like there is no life in her, like she is weighing less. Does anyone know what could be wrong with her? I don’t know what to do. Please help me!:eek:

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Aren't fantails life less naturally? Maybe she is setting and her mate abandoned her?

3. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    One egg was in the nest abandoned. One egg was found near the girl on the wire floor and it was cracked. The male was just standing around by the girl. The girl wasn't in the nest, she was laying on the floor. The shells seem thin or something because every time they lay eggs, they always end up cracking them (or maybe they're just bad parents?[​IMG]). Her legs seem to work fine, but if I try to stand her up, her toes curl up and she lays on her feet like that. She tries to stand and use her wings to help her, but she just can't stand. Like I said, she is still eating and drinking. I don't know what's wrong with her.

4. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:?

5. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    OMG! your from AZ.???

Kewl [​IMG]

6. dlhunicorn