My pigeons/pictures

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by chinbunny, Oct 16, 2009.

1. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Took some to an open class fair pigeon show two weeks ago at the hillsdale county fair(mi). My archangels won the breed. My giant hungarian house pigeons both took second place any other fancy. My young cock(the grey and white guy not sure of color) decided he was the man of the barn, and turned into an attack bird the entire week. Get him hme and he is just fine. [​IMG] I also bought a pair of parlor roller performance pigeons. Those are funny when you roll them. They 'raced' them during the show. that was the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Isn't my baby handsome? I am glad i rescued him from his egg when he had trouble hatching. He does have a coupl eof brown feathers on the back of his neck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bluebird

bluebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Valparaiso, IN
    Chinbunny, your pigeons are beautiful! Congradulations on your wins and thanks for sharing!

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Beautiful birds! Congrats on the show [​IMG] Your big House stud is called a blue mottle [​IMG] Those brown feathers are bronze showing through the grizzle.

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    [​IMG]

5. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Thanks guys! my nephews and other relatives get a kick out the rolling pigeons. They think its the coolest thing to watch them roll over and over. My sisters says its the strangest thing she's ever seen. And thought it was funny how they look dizzy when they are done.

I was wondering what color he was. I think you told me at oe time his dad was a blue bar with white wings? The mom is the mottled red. This guy started off looking just like him. He didn't get his white feathers till after he molted. I think you might have prediced getting the blue mottle too. I love the color. Its really pretty.

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Yep, I remember that now. Probably told you his dad was a blue bar white flight. Looks like this guy got his blue color from dad and the mottling from momma. After a few more moults he may get more white in his wings/other parts of the body. He's a very pretty bird! I know Giant house pigeons are supposed to be huge, but I've never seen a real one before. About how much bigger are yours than the other breeds (like the archangels)?

7. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    They are huge compared to my archangels. Funny thing is when I have them with them, they are scared to death of the angels! And the first time I stuck them with the angels, the entire flock acted OMG WHAT IS THAT HUGE THING! It was funny.

My hen is one the small. my cock is huge. Baby is in between. A runt breeder at the pigeon show said they were gaint house pigeons, but they looked kind of small for the breed. Mine were a little bit smaller then his runts. He had the runner up to grand national champion there. Boy that bird was nice!

Lucky for me I found a breeder within a couple of hours ofme. He has a show pair for sale. Hoping to get them. But if I can't I am hoping he will sell me something to breed with later on. Found him on egg bid. I know those guys are hard to find.

They are also very tall looking for a pigeon.

8. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    What do the parlor rollers sell for, I like the birds but don't want to pay for really good 100ft birds, 15 or 20ft bird would be fine. I just think they would be really neat to have around.

9. hookedonpigeons

hookedonpigeons Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Rural Hall, NC
    I might have some parlor rollers for sell next year. Then again,you may not want to pay what im asking for them. I have a young dun that rolled 150ft 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by