My pitbull loves my chicks: Video and photo

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lemurchaser, May 29, 2010.

1. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    As you can see, Oscar is a big burly pit bull. But his gentleness amazes me. He's a therapy dog and we do crisis response work. I got him from a pit bull rescue, that had gotten him after he sat for over a month at a county animal shelter. He was a year old with no idea of his past history. I thank the powers that be every day, that I was able to get him.

Every morning Oscar helps me check the chicks. I pick up each one and he gives it a quick once over, a gentle lick of approval, and then he's done. He won't check out a chick he's already "examined", I'd almost swear he's counting them. Video here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Oscar better watch it, he could loose a piece of his nose. You know the rumors about vicious chicks! [​IMG]

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Definately tell that poor pitbull to be careful! My 57 lb pit bull get's CHASED by my 9 week old Barred Rock chick! PITBULLS BEWARE! there is a new killer on the loose! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. groaners

groaners Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2010
    Ferndale, CA
    What a beautiful dog! Looks like he makes for a good "momma"! [​IMG] And therapy work too what a great thing to do, [​IMG]

5. cheeps

cheeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    So sweet! This is why I love bully breeds. You can see my gentle giant with some babies on my avatar. He's a beautiful dog and the pics and video are so cute!

6. casumm

casumm Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What a sweetie! He takes his work seriously. You can tell. (Chicks were pretty cute too!)

7. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    Of course a pic like that would never be shown by the media, I have 2 pitbulls and they're great dogs but they only get bad press.
    oh and cute pit too

8. excited2getfirstchickens

excited2getfirstchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2010
    Mooresville, NC
    This is beyond sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by