My polish- a roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crayon, Sep 7, 2011.

1. crayon

crayon Songster

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
  2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Songster

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    8 weeks might be a little early yet for a Polish, but I vote girl!

3. JPHorvath

JPHorvath Chirping

From what it looks and sounds like on the video I think she is a Pullet. She sounds too Squeaky to me to be a Cockerel. Most my Cockerels sound more deep like a goose at young age. Maybe someone else can give their opinion.

4. crayon

crayon Songster

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Well that would make me feel better if it was a pullet... I have a bunch of pullets I ordered turning out to be roos... So that would thrill me that she is a pullet....

5. JPHorvath

JPHorvath Chirping

I handle all our birds; I have found the cockerels tend to be heavier then their comparably age pullet siblings. Do you have pictures of the other birds her age? I am curious to see their head feather with regard to this girl. She has very large head feathers for a hen but I could be wrong. Most of my hens look like bobble heads while our polish rooster looks like Tina Turner with the big hairdo.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  6. crayon

crayon Songster

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Quote:Sure- this was a couple weeks ago- I can get one today of them next to each other. This is a White Crested Polish- same age

[​IMG]

7. JPHorvath

JPHorvath Chirping

8. crayon

crayon Songster

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Quote:Sure- this was a couple weeks ago- I can get one today of them next to each other. This is a White Crested Polish- same age

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/95142_chickens3_059.jpg

Can't see much of her in this picture, but looks like a Pullet to me?

Yeah I am sure the white crested one is a pullet- I am not sure about my silver laced.. Their crest look so different!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: