My polish chicken is almost one and she hasn't laid an egg?

emilyandherhens

Hatching
Jan 27, 2023
Our beloved (sort of psychotic--ha!) Polish hen, Pierogi, is almost one year old and hasn't laid a single egg. Our other ladies, born the same day, have been laying for months now.

Pierogi has rooster tendencies (a bit aggressive, will try and attack anything that comes near the coop) but is most definitely a hen. So... what gives?! :confused: She's living rent-free!

Here she is in all her glory! 😂

F0917539-29C9-4442-B98D-27E667768959.jpeg

255E370F-E5C9-489E-805A-87072DB221BF.jpeg

Our beloved (sort of psychotic--ha!) Polish hen, Pierogi, is almost one year old and hasn't laid a single egg. Our other ladies, born the same day, have been laying for months now.

Pierogi has rooster tendencies (a bit aggressive, will try and attack anything that comes near the coop) but is most definitely a hen. So... what gives?! :confused: She's living rent-free!
I have a buff orphington that is 6 1/2 months old. I got her as a 2 day old baby. The rest of her batch is laying. Mine is a loser? She is active, beautiful, friendly, but no eggs. I've even checked the yard (under 6" of snow) and there no hidden nests. What do ya think?

I have a buff orphington that is 6 1/2 months old. I got her as a 2 day old baby. The rest of her batch is laying. Mine is a loser? She is active, beautiful, friendly, but no eggs. I've even checked the yard (under 6" of snow) and there no hidden nests. What do ya think?

She's still only six months old, it's probably just bad timing

Thanks for the advice! I know they’re not high production, but she’s kind of a dud all the way around (but we still love her anyway). It’s a running joke at this point! Fingers crossed we get our first egg soon!

Back
Top Bottom