My polish FINALLY Laid her first egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    She is 30 weeks old and I never thought she would ever lay an egg lol Right now that egg should be fertile with a phoenix as the daddy. I am considering putting some in the bator just to see what they look like LOL My phoenix is now gone so they won't be fertile for much longer. Maybe a week yet. BTW this polish girl is the one that was not getting along with ANYONE. Either she would pick on them or they would pick on her. I put her in with the two orps I hatched from Miss Prissy. They are all about the same size and at first she picked on them but not badly. I waited it out and now they are all friends [​IMG] That means I get to keep her! Soon I will have Polish/orp eggs [​IMG] So what would a black, white crested polish mixed with a blue orp's chicks look like?????

2. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    I think you should find out!

Congrats on the first egg [​IMG] Do Polish always take so long to start laying?

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Chickenfever...not sure if they do or not this was my first polish girl. I know someone else who has a polish even older then mine and hers has not laid yet either! And I think your right! I need to find out what we end up with [​IMG]

4. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Our Polish girl, in our very diverse group of all different breeds, was the last one to lay. We ordered her from MM in May and she started to lay at the end of summer the NEXT YEAR! (Two years ago, by the way.) I was actually there for her first egg, because she was our only white-egg layer at that time and she was wandering around aimlessly for a few hours.

I still love her, anyway. [​IMG] Tastiest eggs I've ever had.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    WOW so I'm pretty lucky that mine laid so early then [​IMG]

6. nicoe

nicoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    oklahoma
    congrats on 1st egg![​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Nothing more fun than first eggs.!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by