My Polish girls

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by seminolewind, May 23, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I have 3 Polish hens, and they are the most affectionate of my chickens. And always come to check me out, and jump on me, and want their poof scratched.
    Are Polish usually like that? The hens love to be handled, the roos don't but they tolerate alot and are very easy going.
    Are most Polish like that, or just some?

2. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I'm sure someone has Polish here. With 10,000 members, I'm surprised no one wants to talk about their Polish chickens. Anyone???

3. chickenshadow

chickenshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Iowa
    How many of them does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

4. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    You may be right. Maybe all the Polish owners are busy changing lightbulbs.

5. chickenshadow

chickenshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Iowa
    Quote:[​IMG] excellent and unexpected response. I bow to your command of sarcasm... [​IMG]

6. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:[​IMG] excellent and unexpected response. I bow to your command of sarcasm... [​IMG]

Or maybe you meant how many Polish chicken does it take???

7. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    My polish girls are far more friendly then all my other chickens. I have two, one buff laced and one white crested black. I pick them up and carry them around often and they talk to me while I do my chores. Very sweet birds! My polish rooster was horrid, so he's gone now. He started attacking me every chance he had.

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Just popped in here to say that I just ordered some silver laced polish eggs myself. DW really likes the way they look so we are looking forward to trying some out.

9. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    My polish girls are very friendly and love people. My boy on the other hand isn't so friendly. He loves me but when he see's my dad he attacks him [​IMG]. My frizzle polish are also pretty friendly and docile, but I just they're like that because they can barley see [​IMG] I just think it depends on how much they are handled when they're babies and when they're adults. I show most of my polish so they're very use to being handled.

10. BeckyBird

BeckyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    I have 2 standard sized white crested black hens, and they are nice. I call them "Gladys" because their heads look like old lady hair-do's. I used to have a male, but he was very aggressive, and when he started attacking me, he had to go. My bantam silver laced hens are more skittish for some reason. But the bantam silver laced male is nice, and I can pick him up a lot. He is about a year old, and has not shown aggression towards people. Good sign!

I had a white crested black hen several years ago, and she was the friendliest chicken I had. Unfortunately, after we moved out to the country, of course something got her. I am Still sad about that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by