My polish hen is sick seems drunk or had a stroke?

Essexchicks

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 11, 2012
Just got her 2 days ago.. Has been fine, was a little lethargic this am, so I didn't let her out to be safe.. Let her mate out to give her some space to rest.. Came home from town only Agee bouts later and I thought she was dead she startled when I touched her but is all weird and floppy... She has water I gave her a drink to be sure.. There was some whiter watery poop... Last I checked she was laying there looking half dead :-( help!! I don't see any injuries on her... Far as I know she's a 2 year old polish hen

Force feed her more water and some yogurt. She might be really dehydrated, or weak from whatever else. If you have any electrolytes, or gatorade, i would definitely give that.

Where did you get her from? If a farm, you can ring them and ask what the problem might be, perhaps they have had a worms problem, or mites or something of the sort.

Any sign of respiratory illness like sneezing, coughing, eye/nose discharge?

Lastly, i would get that poop tested. she might have worms or cocci or something else that the vet can identify. Any ved can test a poop and it usually only cost $20-30 and you might get results same day or latest next day.

Back
Top Bottom