My poodle has a taste for chicken poop!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by JessicaGrant, Jul 18, 2008.

1. JessicaGrant

JessicaGrant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Western Mass
    I have three three week old chicks and I was letting them roost on the edge of their brooder. One of them was facing the wrong way ([​IMG]) and pooped on the outside. I have a liner so it wasn't that big a deal for me but when I went back to clean it it was gone! Since then I noticed the dog sniffing around and he has gotten at least a few more pieces.

Besides being really gross, is it bad for him to eat someone else's waste?

2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Heck my dogs are genuine poo connosoors. Any poo is fair game, too. Cat, dog, chicken, it dont matter - they scarf it up with deelite.

Of course when threads like this get going, someone will show up and say it IS bad and/or will cause some horrid sounding condition. At full steam, you'll think the end of the world isn't far behind. There'll be remedies offered and suggetions about how to prevent poo eating from gettin started. And someone always tells about their dog eating other disgusting things, like maggoty dead squirrells/rats/mice/ fish etc.

But none of that matters much to my dogs. They just keep on munchin the poo and trying to lick my face afterwards. I doubt they could be much stupider, and they keep doing it, so I'd say, no, it dont really hurt them.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  3. JessicaGrant

JessicaGrant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Western Mass
    Quote:[​IMG]

Thanks Daveroo. The dog just puked which kind of answered my question, though it could have been so many other things...

4. camjac

camjac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    My poodle and I are in the same position! Although I have not caught him eating chicken poop, YET, he can't get enough of their feed. If there is any little bit anywhere he will gobble it up and then lick the floor!

5. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    My dog hits the back door with her nose to the ground........looking for poo. Loves it. [​IMG]

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    No doggie kisses from any of ya'll's pooches!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    We actually have to give the dogs a pill to keep them from eating theirs... I told Dh to stop giving it to them as we have dogs that clean up after themselves... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Talk about recycling....

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    lol!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps