1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My poor animals...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, May 14, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    ...keep looking up at the house wondering why I am not down there feeding them. Its so rainy and icky out that I just have not been able to get up off my butt to go down and feed them. Of course the barn is probably a mud pit too!

My two year old filly keeps looking over the fence with the cutest little face. I guess I should go out there before it gets dark! Poor things are probably hungry, but I've been waiting for an hour for the rain to let up. I just guess I'll have to get wet!

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    boy that is one of my fav. things to do go out on a rainy day and get all the animals feed, hang out with them for a min or two , and come back in and draw a nice hot bath or shower, well have a nice day

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I would rather take care of them in the rain than 90 degree weather. I gave the birds a good shower today and they loved it!!!! The puppies are out playing, the turkeys are having a blast and I am out there sweating my butt off. [​IMG]

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Haha, I don't know about that. As much as I dislike hot, humid weather, I think I dislike rainy muddy days more. I like the rain, but not when I have to get things done outside!

Of course I think you should come back to me and ask that again when it actually IS hot and humid. I might have a different answer! [​IMG]

5. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    its almost hot and humid here

6. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    in the winter i used to go out during snowstorms about 6 or more times a day to check on my babies and make sure everything was okay. i'd spend sometimes an hour out there getting the snow off the top of the pen, put in more hay, get more food, more water. oh and the duck house is about as far away from my house as it could possibly be. after that, no weather bothers me! even when its hot and humid, i've got the hose in hand, so i can take a nice "shower" and i get soaked even when its not raining, so i guess it doesn't matter anymore! lol. i sat outside for about 10 minutes in the pouring rain yesterday because my boys kept following me around, so i felt bad to leave them. they are so spoiled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by