My poor chickens :(

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
103 degrees today!!!! WITH a heat index of 110!!!! I've been outside about 10 times already spraying the poor chickens.

lol.png
thats todays low

SouthernChick

Do yours freak out when you spray them? My grown ones seem to like it but the 10-12 week olds act like they are scared to death of the water. Maybe I just have some crazy chickens!!

I'm afraid to go home, since I lost one yesterday to the heat. I work an hour away and there's no way I can be there to spray them. Mine like to pick at the soft cool ground after I've sprayed it. I just hope there all ok when I get there. It's 101 here today. Yuck!

I just tried spraying mine and they all ran like it was acid or something! Even the ducks!!!! I just keep putting ice cubes in their water and the duck's pool. Hopefully, they'll be able to stand it for one more day. That's how long the weatherman said it's going to last and...this weekend is supposed to be significantly cooler!!! Woo hoooooo! Hang in there everybody.
cool.png

Quote:
It's only 98 here in the foothills...I am leaving mine alone and they are sleeping under the coop. The dirt is moist and cool. I was going to fence it off but may leave it open for such occasions. I'm just scared they will start to lay under there and I really don't want to have to crawl under the coop every day to collect the eggs.

Mine are about 12 weeks old and they HATE the mist. They run to the opposite side of the run and crowd underneath the egg box. Every now and then one will stick her head out, feel the moisture, and jump back in.

90 & sunny here with 99.9% humidity. Chickies are ok.
Just gave them some watermellon to munch on and lots
of cool water. I envy them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom