1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My poor hen is literally shrinking. Please help.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 6henslvr, Oct 31, 2015.

1. 6henslvr

6henslvr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2013
    virginia
    It started as my other chickens bullying her after she was separated because of prolapse.she healed from the prolapse but because she had been separated for so long my other chickens started being mean and chasing her away from her food/water. I saw she was getting dehydrated so i put her in another cage so she could eat/drink on her own but then she stopped all together because she was depressed, wanting to be free. Her comb started shriveling up and she got weaker&weaker.I then put them on antibiotics&electrolytes but she didn't get better. she was still eating/drinking but getting more sick. Today she's inside but won't move and she's just sleeping. she is so tiny and seems to literally be shriveling up all over.I don't know what to do and can't afford a vet. I love her so much and can't stand to see her like this. Is there ANYTHING i can do that would make her better? has this happened to anyone else? Please help.

2. 6henslvr

6henslvr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2013
    virginia
    She just passed away

3. Jchicken311

Jchicken311 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Texas
    I'm so sorry for your loss[​IMG][​IMG]
    But her suffering is over now. I hope you find out what happened and can prevent your other chickens from getting sick.

4. Stephanie R

Stephanie R Chillin' With My Peeps

This made me teary eyed. So sorry about your chicken.

5. Marandaise

Marandaise Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2015
    So sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

6. karenblaze

karenblaze Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2015
    So sorry for your loss.

7. Ray E

Ray E Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I'm so sorry most people would laugh and say its a chicks but like myself there part of the family they feed is eggs my kids play with them and they are generally our pets and heartbroken for you I'm sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by