My poor hen

grandmafarmer

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
I know this subject has been already discussed but I need some help. I recently lost 4 of my hens (neighbors dog) I now have two hens and one rooster. He has picked one of my surviving hens as his favorite.....she is bald on her back and yes I do have a saddle on her now but where her grabs her head is also bald. She looks terrible and I feel so bad for her. What should I put on her head? They are free range....I can keep her in the coop but it is not movable. I put the rooster up to give her a break. What if anything should I put on her (medicine?) Thanks for the help!

If there is no open wound, I would not put anything on it. Otherwise, some neosporin ointment or blu-kote might help.

Chris

I don't know about others, but when my hens pecked on one hen in particular, I read some where to put a little vinegar in their water and they should stop, I didn't put it in the water, I poured a cap full on the hen that was getting pecked and they stopped--she no longer has bald spots and they no longer peck at her..

Back
Top Bottom