My poor lil Duck :(

Gecko

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 16, 2009
on the side of a mountain
Hello all, I realize I don't have enough posts to put up in the BST forum, but I am kinda desperate.....about 3-4 months ago we got a couple of babies from my sister in law, and the lil guys did great.....one day about a week ago, I went outdoors and one of them was lying on his side and he couldn't walk very well. :( I checked him out, and there were no signs of trauma of any kind (non that I could see anyhow). a couple days later I found him, deceased, ....and now his lil buddy is so sad and he wouldn't let me take him off...he stayed near his fallen friend as much as he could. I live in Grainger county TN, and for the life of me I can't seem to find anyone that has any ducks that aren't crazy priced (disabled w/3 kids). would it even help him out to introduce a strange duck to him? to give him a companion?....... I took this pic, because it just broke my heart to see the poor lil fella.....wanting to stay by his buddy.:(

So if anyone near Blaine has a duck or 2, i don't want any freebies or nothing, but $30 for one duck is stretching it for me monetarily atm (thats the cheapest i have seen on craigslist and such) msg me on here, I will make sure to keep checking back. i feel so sad for him....he walks around pouting now....and I can't say I blame him....poor lil duck:(

Hello all, I realize I don't have enough posts to put up in the BST forum, but I am kinda desperate.....about 3-4 months ago we got a couple of babies from my sister in law, and the lil guys did great.....one day about a week ago, I went outdoors and one of them was lying on his side and he couldn't walk very well. :( I checked him out, and there were no signs of trauma of any kind (non that I could see anyhow). a couple days later I found him, deceased, ....and now his lil buddy is so sad and he wouldn't let me take him off...he stayed near his fallen friend as much as he could. I live in Grainger county TN, and for the life of me I can't seem to find anyone that has any ducks that aren't crazy priced (disabled w/3 kids). would it even help him out to introduce a strange duck to him? to give him a companion?....... I took this pic, because it just broke my heart to see the poor lil fella.....wanting to stay by his buddy.:(

So if anyone near Blaine has a duck or 2, i don't want any freebies or nothing, but $30 for one duck is stretching it for me monetarily atm (thats the cheapest i have seen on craigslist and such) msg me on here, I will make sure to keep checking back. i feel so sad for him....he walks around pouting now....and I can't say I blame him....poor lil duck:(
I'm so sorry for your loss, go here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you find your state Ten. and post there asking if anyone has ducks. 30.00 highway robbery.
welcome-byc.gif
Do you have a safe shelter for your ducks? were you able to tell what happened to the duck that died wounds etc?

Yes,I have them a safe shelter, and I checked him out before he died and after. I didn't see any marks or blood anywhere.....I did find a nest of yellow jackets nearby......but didn't notice anything that resembled a sting. thanks for the help :)

I hope you can find your duck a friend they do get awfully lonely.
fl.gif
where are you in Tn? don't give your location but maybe north south east or west Tn to give folks an idea of location. Like I'm in Western NC. Not too far from Johnson city TN.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom