My poor little broody....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Whitewinterwolf, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    She is trying so desperately to be broody and keep her little egg every time she lays it. Well today i was going to let her keep it until she got up to drink and then swap it out with a little glass egg I have.
    My little brother on the other hand...decided to help...and needless to say she was not happy when her egg was removed.
    [​IMG]
    She was so up set that I could hear her all the way up in my room, squawking and screaming and flapping her wings at anyone who went near her.
    So i went down and picked up my poor little Frost and asked her, with my little brother looking right over my shoulder at her "Did he take your egg?"
    I swear to god she looked at him with a stink eye and then back at me and bawked something that sounded like a "Uh-haw" as if she was saying yes. Then out of humor I sat her on my arm *no joke* and pointed her at him. I asked then "Do you want to hurt him?"
    With a huge stink eye she then did the same noise and flapped at him indignantly Lol.
    I absolutely love my hens sometimes XD

2. Chickadee55

Chickadee55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    Central Florida

I wish you had that on video!!!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Awwww! That story made me laugh and warmed my heart.

4. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    You have no idea how much I wish I did!!!!!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Nothing like having a stinking egg thief for a brother, huh?

6. HiddenHens987

HiddenHens987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    That would have made a great video!

7. Allygirl

Allygirl Out Of The Brooder

Little Miss. Attitude. Watch out this one is going to Hollywood!

8. japbantams2011

japbantams2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    aww.. she finally decided to go to broody. I kind of miss seeing her and the other 2 at my house but glad they have such a good home with you :)

9. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Ah haha yes she did! She is now sitting happily on her glass egg and NO ONE is allowed to touch it :D She is determined to hang onto this egg now, and she is so sweet!
    She and Partridge are my favorites apart from Winter :D They run up to me and wait to be picked up while poor Flakes makes a run for it Lol
    They are so awesome!

10. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Oh yeah, a big egg theif, and now she watches out for him every time he comes down stairs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by