My poor little Daisy dog...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickbea, Jun 23, 2007.

1. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Hey Everyone -
    I need your spare prayers, good thoughts, positive energy, whatever you've got!
    As some of you may know, my sweet dog Daisy has been fighting bladder cancer for about the last 9 months, and doing amazingly well.
    Today, however, she's just been having a terrible time - straining, runny poo coupled with constipation, just very uncomfortable. She saw Dr. Karen this afternoon, and Karen's not sure whether it's related to the cancer or not. She's thinking possibly giardia - sending a fecal sample out first thing Monday. She's started on antibiotics - one more pill to add to the cancer meds she has to take every day...
    [​IMG]

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    you bet you will get prayers. for both of you. no words can express the heartache of losing a beloved pet let alone having one with cancer. I am so very sorry. [​IMG]

3. chickbea

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Thank you - I'm setting up my sleeping bag next to her bed right now. She's sleeping comfortably for the first time today. Yay!

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I pray tonight for you and for your beloved dog. God bless the both of you.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, chickbea....you definately have our prayers. Give that sweet pup a few kisses on the forehead from me as well. [​IMG]

6. chickbea

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.
    However, this morning I decided to have her put to sleep. She has fought for so long; I just couldn't see her go through any more.
    Sweet Daisy.

7. feathersnmore

feathersnmore Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    Big Hugs and my deepest condolences! Daisy will be up over the rainbow bridge playing with all the other animals. happy and healthy looking down on you!

I know exactly how you feel we had to put 2 of our beloved older dogs we shared our lives with down within a yr. They let you know when it's time even though sometimes we don't think it's time again SUPER BIG HUGS!!

8. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    OH, I'm so sorry to hear she has passed. You really did the right thing, even if it was a difficult decision.
    Know in your heart that she passed feeling your love and care. And remember William Penn's words:
    "They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies."
    :aww

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

poor puppy, hope she is feeling better today.

10. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    You did the right thing. I know how hard it is, but you do whats right out of love.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by