My poor Mille is outside for the night. updated

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Jennyhaschicks, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    My poor little Mille Fleur D Uccle is outside all by herself. She ran out as I was putting my younger BOs in and I didn't notice she had gotten out. I looked with my flash light for an hour and I couldn't see her any where. I feel bad because I really baby my chickens.

It's only about 28 degrees and I don't think it's getting too cold tonight. I hope she is ok. Jeepers maybe I just need someone to tell me she will be ok. [​IMG]

UPDATE [​IMG] I let my chickens out early this morning and the little rooster found his hen. SHe was laying in the bushes near the chicken house. I looked all around there last night and never saw her because she blended in.

After they all reunited the rooster took the 2 hens off in the trees away from my chicken house. It's not too far away from us, but when I looked they were headed into the trees further. Now being the worrier that I am I am thinking he will take them away because he they don't like their new home here. [​IMG] I hope they come back. Oh, you can laugh at me for worrying and thinking these strange thoughts if you would like. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    She'll be ok. [​IMG]
    She's probably sitting up high somewhere snickering at you.
    [​IMG]

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My D'Uccles are great flyers - she's probably all cozy in a tree for the night and she should be perfectly cozy at 28 deg. You're a great chicken mom!

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    She'll be ok. Let us know tomorrow how she did. [​IMG]

5. Jennyhaschicks

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I hope so. We just got 3 of them today so this is her first night at her new house. I am hoping that nothing gets her.

Thanks everyone for making me feel better.

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG...... i wouldn't be able to sleep til i found her. My mille's cant get to high off the ground and i would be sick over it [​IMG]

7. Jennyhaschicks

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:These 3 that I got today can all fly really well. I guess I have done what I can. I am worried about her, but with small kids in the house and dh at work for the better part of the night I have exhausted my options I believe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by