My Poor Old Dad...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lunachick, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    He wasn't breathing well, so my brother (they're in Fla) who is a nurse got him to the hospital. An X-ray showed what they thought was a hilar tumor in his lung. A CT Scan was scheduled for yesterday; it wasn't a tumor - I think this is worse - it's an aortal annuerism - the size of a lemon! Not his lung but his heart. The options are: catherization, which is an operation itself, then open heart surgery to correct it.

He's 92 yrs old, he opted out of the operation. In other words, he's a walking time bomb.

He has 7 kids scattered around the U.S. We are all scrambling around trying to get flights to see him before he goes. [​IMG]

I'm leaving Sat before dawn, I hope he hangs in there, so we can all see him! Wish us luck! Thank you BYC people for any wishes or prayers you can send our way!

~Ginny

2. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Oh Lunachick, so sorry to hear.
    Your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    [​IMG]
    Jill

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm sorry. [​IMG]

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

:awwI will keep you in my prayers Lunachick..............and your entire family, mostly your dad.......my dad opted out of treatment for cancer and never regretted it even in the end...........take care of you !

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Sorry to hear this!!

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers as well.

6. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    So So Sorry - My dad passed away 2 years ago Nov 9th of the same thing he was 73.
    Even though for many many years I tried to think of him passing because it is normal
    and inevitable, I was totally un prepaired and have not taken it well. He is on my mind every day.
    You, Your Dad and your intire family will be in my thoughts.
    HUGS

[​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, dear, I'm very sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your entire family. [​IMG]

8. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Quote:My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you can get everyone together. Please leet us know when you can how things go. My the Lord keep you in his care in your hour of need. Mary

9. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    My step dad died her at my house Sept. 1, 2007 he was 54 yrs. old and had glioblastoma brain tumor. There is no cure and most onl live 9 mths. after diagnosis. My advice is tell him everything you ever wanted to say. Don't hold back. All the memories and I love you's do it now. No regrets later if you say it all now. Hug and kiss him share every thought.
    I am so sorry, It is so hard when a loved one is ill and passing. You are in my thoughts.

10. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    So sorry, you are in my prayers....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by