My poor, patient, tortured brothers.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Apr 3, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

My two brothers are very close, as they are only 8 months apart. (Younger one is adopted.) They were headed down to the creek for some 'guy time', (I think they cut up dead frogs or something...) and Elizabeth saw them out the window as they were going out the gate.
    " [​IMG] Oh, NO! I wanna go, too!"
    Elizabeth began racing around frantically, trying to find her shoes, then bolted out the door yelling, "Wait! Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"
    I was watching the whole scene from the kitchen window. Joshua and Bunji looked at each other, and I swear I could hear them.
    Do we HAVE to let her? [​IMG] But they let her, although somewhat begrudgingly. Poor boys. They're very abused; we make them listen to Barbie musicals and everything. Methinks it's time for Lumpy to have a playdate with another girl... A ladylike tea party or something. [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Well they should let her come along.
    It sucks being little and not knowing what kind of fun others are having... she'll get tired of the frogs soon enough, once she realizes a kiss wont turn them into a handsome prince, and they'll have their little boy time back again.

4. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Now Squishy...dont you remember how much fun we had just having Girl time? No guys allowed? Hmmmmmmm?

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I just had a flashback to my own childhood. My big brothers were four and six years older than me. They developed ninja skills so they could sneak off without me noticing, and trying to go with them.

Of course, that's probably who taught Lumpy to build her own unicorn. Brothers!

[​IMG]

6. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Quote:Not so fast. I, too, grew up around brothers and boys and turned into the worst tomboy ever! I refused to wear a dress except at square dances until I was 22!

ETA: Of course, I grew up in an era where girls stayed clean and played with dolls while boys could get dirty and put holes in their jeans. Funny how at age 6 I was already resisting rigid gender roles.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  7. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Younger sisters are good for boys though they may not appreciate it at the time.

Older sisters on the other hand...

8. eenie114

Quote:You're probably right. I'll betcha she grows up and starts a Build-A-Bear rival company. [​IMG]

9. eenie114

double

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:You're probably right. I'll betcha she grows up and starts a Build-A-Bear rival company. [​IMG]

She's gonna need a lot of dead mice . . .

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by