my post office luck ran out :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conny63malies, May 9, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I just got my eggs from leon valley trading company that i bought on ebay. They are about the best packers there are as they use foam with egg cut outs. But unfortunaley the post office deceided to apperantley kicked my eggs around. [​IMG]
    When i unpacked them i saw yolk right away and thought it has to be a disaster. Well all three eggs from one corner were broken, one golden phoenix and one wcbp. The third a golden phoenix has some major cracks but amazingly enough no leakage. I doctored it up with candle wax and put them all in the mudroom to get them at room temperature. I will be setting them tonight. I candeled them and all but the cracked one have the air bubble intact only my patchy egg has a loose one.
    Luckily they send me a total of 19 eggs(9 wcbp and 10 gphx) so i still have atleast 16 maybe 17 left.
    Well wish me luck , i can use it after my disasterous 0% development of my EE's [​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Good luck!

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I just bid on some sl wyandottes from them. I hope mine turns out better. Let us know how it goes.

4. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    last time i ordered from them all the eggs came in perfect shape. It wasnt them it was the USPS

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Yeah, I ordered polish from them last year....and all of the eggs arrived in tact but none hatched? [​IMG]

6. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    After my DH saw some of the horror stories lately of shipped eggs, he forbid me to buy eggs off ebay.

7. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    So sorry about your eggs! The post office had to do some major stuff to break your eggs the way they pack!

I also got two order's from Leon Valley Trading Company and I agree with you 100% they are the absolute best packer's and mark their boxes the best of any that I have received and I have received a total of six shipments this spring. I kept their box to use in the May swap!

I candled a cracked egg that I waxed and set on the 4th - it has veins an is developing. I also super glued one and it's developing.

8. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:i guess the USPs deceided to x-ray your batch. I got some polish from them that are 3weeks today. What i like about them is the fact that you can ask them to give you the extras they would put in as a different breed. My last order was pc cochin and bflp and i got the extra wcpb and golden cochin.

9. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:I'm sorry about your eggs. Wow, I learned something with this post. I had a cracked Sumtra egg and gave it to the dog to eat. I didn't know you could wax or glue the crack. I was so sad to waste the rare breed egg. Next time I will know to try and wax or super glue the crack.

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I'm sorry about your eggs. Wow, I learned something with this post. I had a cracked Sumtra egg and gave it to the dog to eat. I didn't know you could wax or glue the crack. I was so sad to waste the rare breed egg. Next time I will know to try and wax or super glue the crack.

How are your Sumatras doing? I'm currently watching some on eBay but I think they'll go too high for me....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by