My precious Sophie finally did it!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by luvmychicknkids, Jul 30, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    After teasing me for weeks.....squatting, cackling, pretending to be a REAL hen....she FINALLY laid her first egg. [​IMG] I couldn't be more proud. She laid it right on the floor of the coop. Oh well.....she did good!!!! Here are pics. Oh, and if ANYONE had a guess on what kind of chicken she is, please tell me. [​IMG] Please excuse the low quality cell phone pics.

Sophie
    [​IMG]

Her egg
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well I don't think she is Wellsummer. She just looks a like a great barnyard brown egg laying hen.

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I would think that too, but she is from TSC...straight from some hatchery (the lady there wasn't sure which one). I don't think it is possible to get a mixed breed (besides the obvious sex links and EE's) from a hatchery, is it?

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Woo hoo congrats!! I have my little Butterscotch working on laying her first. She has sat in and squatted in every single nest box on the place. None seem to her satisfaction! Charlotte got rather peaved when she sat her little clutch of 12 eggs,, Red didn't appreciate it on her 7, she even tried the ducks nest!

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Awww congrats [​IMG] She sure is pretty, though I'm not sure which breed she is...

Ooh and I sent your sketch today, I hope you like it [​IMG]

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:[​IMG] Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I can't wait to get it....I already love it just from the pic. You are great!!!!

Quote:LOL...aren't they so funny!!! This egg laying is serious business!!!!! [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    AW! [​IMG]

Congrats on your first eggy...i'm not sure what breed the beauty is though [​IMG]

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Thank you. [​IMG]

*sigh* I was counting on you!!!!! I can't believe she is this old and I have NO clue what she is!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by