My pretty Easter Eggers as they grow!

CompassPoint

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 4, 2014
Bainbridge, OH
A month ago, yesterday, I went to Rural King to pick up 6 Guinea keets for my mom (ended up with 7, since the employees there can't count...lol). As they were unloading their boxes and packing up my 6 (well...7) Guineas, I walked around and eyeballed the day old chicks. My mom called me on my cell phone and I was telling her what all they had and how cute the little "Ameracaunas" were.(well, Easter Eggers...but you know how they can be with labeling their birds...I even said Easter Eggers and one of the employees started lecturing me about it while I was on the phone until I gave her a blank stare).
My mom in an enabler. She told me to get 6 of them. After confirming they were pullets and not straight run--I set out to pick out six cuties...

And then I decided to track how they feathered out as they grew. I'm doing this main typing on my computer, but the pictures I snapped of them along the way to a month old are all on my phone, so pictures will be forthcoming soon.
I did end up with one that i'm about 99% sure is a cockerel, but I'm happy to have him :D

I also ordered 4 EEs from Mt Healthy in addition to several other breeds, 3 arrived alive, and I'll be tracking how they feather out as well (they are only a week old as of today)

So now, off to get on my phone to upload some pictures of these fun little birds.

First up, we have "Hawk". She was my fuzziest faced baby.

I was asked more than once why I dyed a cotton ball and stuck a beak on it. LOL

She's an interesting little thing. Looked pretty scraggly for a bit.

A week difference between the last pics!

Oh my gosh, I love them!!!!! Those itty bitty ones are just so precious. I had 2 EE roos named Maggie and Molly. The names were too stuck to change when they started crowing. I just bought 3 pullets (hopefully) to go with them. fingers crossed for colored eggs!

Then we have pretty "Daisy". She is my talker in the bunch. She had a tannish spot on top of her head, but is seems to have developed into nothing

Not a couple days after I got them I had to make an ER visit for kidney stones. Nothing cheers you up more after a long night than a singing chick

And this WAS my favorite pullet until I noticed she was most likely a he this past week. Still love him, but we changed the name from Itty to Roux.

First day home and had me worried. It was a 40 minute drive back with them. He was running around and eating and drinking, but was soooo tiny compared to the others and wouldn't open either eye for a good two hours.

I'll toss a few more of them up later...and I did get a couple of decent ones with a real camera of Roux last week (which was when I started to wonder if she were not a he...more obvious now..LOL)
But that's my six original EE babies. They came from Rural King, which told me they got their chicks from Townline up in Michigan this year.
I've got 3 more EE week olds that came from Mt Healthy and I'll try to get a pic of them up soon :)

Back
Top Bottom