My progress so far day 6 candling *Photos* chicken eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickencrazy999, Nov 16, 2013.

1. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Hello all so I picked up a dozen chicken eggs from an auction and put them in 2 incubators my Rcom 3 egg incubator and a brinsea octagon 10 incubator I bought 6 mixed large fowl eggs which I do not have much hope for as there are very porous and I can not see through them and also I bought 6 mixed leghorn,Orpington,and Sussex eggs but I can not tell which one lays the brown eggs and which one lays the white eggs there are 2 white and 3 brown 1 of them in rcom as well as the 2 white ones so I candled the 3 that were in the rcom and it looks like they are fertile sorry about the pics it is quite hard to take pics with an iPad and an egg and torch but I do not know about the others as they are quite dark brown but these 3 are definitely alive I can see a little embryo and veins coming out from it and a black dot which is its eye also I can see it moving i think the rcom is much better then the brinsea because it holds much better heat and humidity and is much much much easier [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by