My pullet is screaming

Isyovi

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
The Netherlands
So my 17 week old leghorn pullet is screaming 🤔 she communicates with my other chickens too but none of them make that sound. I will make a video and upload it too youtube. I will post the link here and maybe someone knows what she is doing 😯

Some birds are just chatty. One of my pullets is just LOUD and will ramp up in volume and then scream right in your face... hoping she'll drop in volume once she matures.
😂 some chickens have some good vocal cords. Luckily we can have roosters so the neighbours don't mind her abnormally loud screams. They also have roo's so they won't even notice.

Fairly typical vocalization.
I would agree with rosemarythyme. My pullets are 12 weeks old and not quite as loud but just as chatty. When all nine get fired up at breakfast especially if I am a little late with the vittles they can really get going. As to why this is typing in bold is also beyond me. My apologies. They also get fired up like this if they see the red mealworm bag too. Chickens are not blind or dumb in my book. That chicken eye is for real. It has emphasis for something. They plot mutiny too. Beware. First timers beware!

I would agree with rosemarythyme. My pullets are 12 weeks old and not quite as loud but just as chatty. When all nine get fired up at breakfast especially if I am a little late with the vittles they can really get going. As to why this is typing in bold is also beyond me. My apologies. They also get fired up like this if they see the red mealworm bag too. Chickens are not blind or dumb in my book. That chicken eye is for real. It has emphasis for something. They plot mutiny too. Beware. First timers beware!
They do really like their mealworms 😥 they have almost escaped a couple of times so they are really planning something...

Back
Top Bottom