my pullet stopped laying after only 2 eggs!

dhining

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 27, 2013
My seven month old Marans, Miss Lizzy finally started laying on Easter weekend. I found two large, beautiful dark brown eggs in a secret nest she had made under the nesting boxes on Easter morning. So perfect! Then, on Monday, no egg. Tuesday, zilch. Wedneday, nada. I finally decided she was laying them outside the henhouse so I stopped letting the chickens out to free range in the yard on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to force her to lay inside the house or the run. Yet, still no more dark brown eggs! Have any of you experienced a pullet laying for 2 days and then stopping? Or is something else going on? She seems fine, as frisky as ever, happy (except on those days we didn't let them run free! They are very spoiled!).

^^ I agree with Mountain Peeps. When some pullets begin laying, their laying schedule is a little bit irregular. As they get older, and a little bit more experienced in the egg-laying business, there laying will become more regular. Just as long as she's eating, drinking, and acting normal, I don't see any cause for worry.Good luck and be patient!

Back
Top Bottom