My Pullet's First Egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kaylee gee, Dec 6, 2012.

1. kaylee gee

kaylee gee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2012
    Lehigh Acres, FL
    My Easter Egger pullet laid her first egg this morning! It looked blue when I first picked it up, but after washing it, it is a deep olive green! The photo does not show the color correctly, no matter how many photos I took lol She is 5 months and 1 day old (22 weeks exactly!) So does this make her an Olive Egger?? Like I said, it is a much deeper green than my cell phone photo can accurately show.

Now all 4 of my hens are laying! They don't seem to realize it is the end of the year, or the heat lamp that is always on in the coop is sufficient lighting for them to still think its spring.

[​IMG]

Littlefoot at 1 Hour old! (July 5th 2012)
    [​IMG]

Littlefoot at a few weeks old
    [​IMG]

Littlefoot at 4 months old (back in September)
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenCrazy8

ChickenCrazy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Canada, Ottawa
    My Coop
    YAY!!!!!! Congrats to little foot [​IMG] I love it when they lay their first eggs, the eggs are so cute and dainty.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Congrats on the egg and those pics are stunning! I love the one of her when she was new born [​IMG]

4. kaylee gee

Jul 5, 2012
    Lehigh Acres, FL
    Thanks y'all! [​IMG] She is my girl so I was thrilled to see it!

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    When the hens I raised became moms I was so proud, I was like a real Granny LOL

6. kaylee gee

Jul 5, 2012
    Lehigh Acres, FL
    lol yes! if i could have been, i would have been puffed up like a peacock! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by