My Pumpkin Hulsey's Are Growing Nicely :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bishopschickens, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    They are young but are from green fire farms. Anyone else have any? You can see pics on my website at www.bishopschickens.com. I think we lucked out and have 2 roos and 6 pullets! They are an interesting bird for sure. They are more friendly than other gamebirds we have tried in the past. Anyone else have any experience with them?

Brandon & Heather

2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    FIRST, your link does not work?
    Second, this link is a link to someone who has pumpkin hulsey's
    HERE

3. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    It works when I clicked on it. Thanks for the other link though!

Brandon

4. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    awwww now it works! [​IMG]

5. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I'd be interested in hearing more about yours as they grow. They're on my wish list. Almost got some this year but didn't have time to build a separate coop for them.

-Cindy

6. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Keesmom,
    I will post pictures as they grow so if you would like there is an option to sign up to my website and get updates. They should be laying in spring (late).

Brandon

7. chickensrock98

chickensrock98 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2010
    whittier
    hey and i was wondering how game are your hulseys because from what ive heard is that gff hulsey are not game can you or have you tried to put two roosters in the same pen because she does im not saying thier bad birds but they dont seem very game but maybe thats what your into idk well good luck any way and if you really want to learn about games come to ultimatefowl they are the best they know what they are talkin about and have a lot more info by the way gff's birds are junk dont buy from them

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Beautiful!

9. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    We actually ended up getting rid of these birds. Had to cut back this summer and they just seemed to bring out the "wrong crowd" when we tried to sell chicks so we said no thank you to this breed.

Brandon

10. charlieschickens

charlieschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I had also heard that GFF hulseys were not game, which takes away from what Pumpkin Hulseys are supposed to be, therefore rendering them a pretty lawn ornament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by