My Puppy Horse *New Pics of Bear* *Lots of pics!*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Squishy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I have a puppy dog horse! [​IMG]

I've been lunging Bear a couple of times a week to keep him in shape until we are riding more regularly... and he has such a cute little canter! He knows his business with the lunging.. all I have to do is give him a little slack and and kiss at him and he gets right to it [​IMG] he was obviously trained to mostly do the slow canter on the line, I've read this helps build their topline. I have gotten him to gait and walk too.. with patience [​IMG]

So, last week I took him to the paddock to lunge... and after a little bit I let him in and took his halter off... then I turned and walked away. He came right up behind me... followed me through the whole paddock dogging my steps [​IMG] When I stopped, he stopped... the only time he got distracted was for the tantalizing scent of other-horse-poo [​IMG] [​IMG]

Having a puppy dog horse is wonderful!! Except when you want to take pictures of him [​IMG] I couldn't get him far enough away to take a good picture, so mom and I played hot potato with the camera, her on the other side of the fence and me running around trying to get enough distance between me and his Highness (I do NOT like to be in photos) [​IMG]

Some of these are worse quality than the others... and most aren't perfectly posed photos... but I think Bear Bear is beautiful no matter how much of his head is in the shot [​IMG] [​IMG]

**ETA: Oops! Sorry, the pictures got too big and I can't fix them [​IMG] **

Cantering

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, a Corto...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please. Stand. This. Far. Away. From. Mommy (hehe!)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Following...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Grandma has his apple [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And.. I played with this little branch from a tree... that meant it was super interesting to Bear...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Whoa, Thats a lot of Pics. But the Horse Puppy Is sure Cute! I Love him [​IMG]

3. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Never too many pictures [​IMG] Be careful..she has more [​IMG] He is adorable though! and handsome

4. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    VERY handsome horse!

5. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    What a beautiful horse he is!! Enjoy

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Beautiful horse there! He looks like a real sweetie pie!

7. Ractay

Ractay Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2011
    Winton, New Zealand
    Gorgeous horse! What breed is he?

Ive just got back into riding after a few years off and wow.. sore muscles today!

8. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Bear is a Paso Fino [​IMG]

I would say I know how you feel, after 10 years off before I got my Bear boy last month, but I don't, since he is a Paso after all [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    Oh my goodness, he's gorgeous! [​IMG]
    I've always wondered how a Paso gait was to ride... [​IMG]

10. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    he's beautiful.

Sounds like he does to you what horse whisperer TRY to get horses to do to them. Something about them treating you like another horse/their mother. If they do it they're supposed to be very trainable because they 'care' about what you want them to do, rather than trying to avoid/ignore you.

You got a good horse there! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by