My puppy who thinks he's a human baby *Pictures*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickenbuttsowhat, Oct 21, 2011.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    July 27 108 F out side, me, my mother in law, and sister in law go out to our new place to put new flooring down befor we moved in. Their was a neighbor dog that was preg but didnt think she was that fare along. We was just about done when we heard a puppy screaming. I ran outside to see a new born black and white puppy in the yard i picked it up and looked for the mamma dog to find her under the neighbor porch with the other puppies. The dog was a very sweet dog to use but everytime i try to put the puppy back with the others she growled. i looked at the puppy to see if it was ok and could see it was eye was a lil swollen so i figure the mom dog thought it wouldnt make it so was pushing it out of the "nest". So it was either leave the puppy to die or take him home...........
    week 1
    [​IMG]
    His name is Bubba and he's my new baby [​IMG]!! When i got him home i softly pushed on his eye and green puss poured out but the lump went down i was worried that when his eyes opened he would have been blind in his right eye
    week 4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    both his eyes r open and he sees purfectly. but then i have another problem....... he acts like a human baby but thats my fault lol
    [​IMG] his baby teething toy is the blue thing
    2 Month old
    [​IMG]
    Bubba acts like a human child if ur a stranger he runs to his mama (me) crying wanting me to hold him. When my husband gets home from work at night Bubba sucks on his thumb untill he falls back to sleep. He loves his bottle that he still sucks on now that he's almost 4 MONTHS OLD. He loves to wear his cloths he actually brings me his coat in the morning if its to cold so i can put it on him.
    Almost 4 Months old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Bubba with his best friend Peanut
    [​IMG] [​IMG] His Bottle with Mountain dew one of his fav drinks
    [​IMG] Diet coke in his bowl he only 1/4 of a cup once a week even tho he LOVES soda... he drinks anything that we do

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    Awwwwww - he's adorable! And the photo with Peanut is sooooo cute! I'm so glad you saved him [​IMG]

3. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    me too even tho he's going threw his terrible twos as me and my husband joke around about he's into everything i miss the cute lil puppy who slept all the time lol they grow up so fast

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    He is a very cute dog. Kudo's to you for rescuing him!
    I wouldn't feed him soda though. Soda isn't met for dogs to eat and can lead to many health problems. I seriously wouldn't suggest it.

5. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

He is a very cute dog. Kudo's to you for rescuing him!
    I wouldn't feed him soda though. Soda isn't met for dogs to eat and can lead to many health problems. I seriously wouldn't suggest it.

actually im trying to break him of soda its his father who keeps giving him soda he loves it so much he spills my coke over so he can drink it​

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

So you raised that pup from 1 day old? Good for you! He is very cute and will be your BFF. Good job!

7. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Awwww!

He looks just like our Jack Russell Terriers when they were pups... and grown too. [​IMG]

I second the congratulations on doing such a great job raising him from such a young age! [​IMG]

My JRT boy Eli (see puppy picture left) is also crazy about soda, he steals it from my glass when I'm not looking, just slurps it up.. and I turn around to find half my soda gone [​IMG] But still... I do my best to keep him from getting it (aside from giving it up myself [​IMG] ) and I would put my foot down a little bit with your hubby to get him to stop doing it intentionally. I know it's so tempting though.. when they look at you like that [​IMG]

The momma dog would normally wean the puppies when they were old enough, and they learn that nursing isen't allowed anymore. If you find it bothersome to be giving him bottles still, you can teach him to stop by not giving in and redirecting him to his bowls on the floor [​IMG]
    It's very cute though! Maybe you should get him a modeling gig [​IMG]

8. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    Quote:awww ur Eli is so cute. Bubba only gets his bottle now when he's been a good boy i just think so amazing that he still sucks on it when i give it to him lol today going to take him to pet smart and let him pick out his own toy and jacket cant wait to see how he acts lol

9. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    What a beautiful boy you saved!

10. llrumsey

llrumsey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    That is one very spoiled puppy. So glad to see it after all the abuse that many animals go through.

And these big brave men, something when it comes to their "animal babies" they are terrible. Seen them cry just like I do over a hurt animal, but I guess that just makes us love them more.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by