1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My PVC Peafowl/Poultry Coops

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by suzeeg, Jan 19, 2013.

1. suzeeg

suzeeg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010

This
    is the first one I built.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just wanted to share some pics of coops and pens I have built. These PVC pens are GREAT!

[​IMG]Additions.

[​IMG]

2. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I had a similar set-up over my Juneberries to keep the wax wings from eating all of the berries. Yours looks nicer, and I would love the details on how you made it if you are willing to share! Also, if the door and door frame are PVC, what are you using to hold the door closed?

3. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    how does it do in the wind? It just looks like it will blow away. It really looks neat too [​IMG]

4. Thespoiledchicken

Thespoiledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island
    [​IMG]

Man, I wish I was handy like that. VERY COOL!

5. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I was wondering about PVC pens...How long have yours lasted? I was always wondering how long they would last....

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    We just tore down a pvc green house and it was 25 years old, it was still in good shape but in the way, but we still have the pvc and landskape tembers and most of the wire was still good, of course back then that stuff was made alote better and landskape tembers were treated in a way they just did not rot like the onces you get now.

7. suzeeg

May 15, 2010
    going on three years now
    i use different methods. I take about an 8 " piece of pvc and ascrew the piece into the door frame and just twist it left or right to open or close. One at the top snd one at the bottim

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  8. suzeeg

May 15, 2010
    They hold up good in the wind never had any problems. Run a hot wire around it no problems

9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Those are really cool, I'd like to see some bigger, close up pics of them.

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

These are great, but in Illinois, I don't think they would be warm enough for in the winter . . .but guess it could be attached to a wooden structure for more cold protection. . .I want this set up for my chickens, when I GET them. There is a game reserve over close to where I live and the guy told me he cut steel fence posts in half, drove them into the ground and then just put the PVC down over them, and covered them with wire for his birds he bred for the reserve. I went by yesterday to check to see if they were still up and they are fine. He isn't using them anymore, and I might make him an offer if I take them down. . .it would be perfect for several of my projects. . . my poor husband. LOL [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by