My quail are hatching

Discussion in 'Quail' started by skywatcher, Nov 8, 2009.

1. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    Today is day 17 have 30 of ugly ducky eggs ,12 have hatched 10 goldens& 2 brown quail,don't want to count my chicks before they hatch,so I am not watching to to how many have piped,I am sure more will hatch. rrsmith set some of her eggs about 3 days earlier hoping to hear how his hatch is going. [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Were they supposed to have browns, or were they just goldens? The reason I ask is that I also have some of ugly ducky's quail, I got the jumbo goldens only. However, I have 4 or 5 brown chicks in there as well [​IMG] I did have a few of my own birds' eggs set, just enough to fill up the turner rack. I have a rosetta tuxedo and an english white, and I know those are from my birds! [​IMG] Just wondering if you got the brown and golden assortment, or if you got browns from the golden eggs [​IMG]

I don't think brown from golden/golden breeding is possible, but I could be wrong [​IMG]

3. skywatcher

skywatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Arlington,Indiana
    I purchased the Goldens however I got extra eggs from her maybe those where pharoh or tibetan However I am very happy [​IMG]

4. PetersonD

PetersonD Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    Did you find that the tibetan chicks are quite dark in color overall?

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Tibetans should be almost black when they hatch. The one rosetta tux I have looks almost like a brown, but it has quite a bit of yellow on its face and body, and is a bit 'redder' than the browns are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by