My quail chicks feet are swelling and then drying up NEED ADVICE!

buckmaster71

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 21, 2011
I have hatched out 4 species of chicks.Georgia Giants,Buttons,Snowflakes and Jumbo Browns and for some reason 2 or 3 of each kind have swollen feet.One of the buttons and georgia giants feet have dried up and are rotting off and I dont know whats going on.I don't have any clue as to what to do.Any advice would be appreciated.Thank You

Are they all together in the brooder? Is it possible they are getting pecked, injured, then infected? I had a terrible time with quail they tend to do alot of damage to eachother and the chicks seem to just LOVE feet. One little speck of blood and everyone wants to eat'em up. It is especially a problem if you house too many together. I had a batch of coturnix and a few A&Ms. The browns decided they did not like white and nearly killed them all. These were only about 3 week olds and all were the same size. I gave up raising quail because they were too aggressive and constantly needed to be separated into pairs.Even the females were aggressive to eachother at times. I had coturnix, A&M, buttons, bobs and white bobs and all were the same way though the bobs were more grown before they were any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom