MY QUAILS ARE HATCHING, MY QUAILS ARE HATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Harley's girl, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I am super excited! My quail are hatching!!!! I have one out so far, lots of others have pipped. I can not believe how small they are!! OMGoodness!!! They are the tiniest babies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Congrats on the cuties!

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    They are soooo cute. I need some. Can I ask, what do you do with yours after they grow up?

4. m_herrington

m_herrington Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    ohio
    awww.. so cute. congrats!

I have been thinking about quail... what kind of quail are they and where did you get them?

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Congrats, Harley! and oh my they are tiny!!

6. spookykim

spookykim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    congrats on the cute little ones [​IMG]

7. Harley's girl

Thank you all!
    They are Texan A&M Quail.
    And I have no clue what I am going to do with the adults! LOL [​IMG]
    I was at the chicken swap in Danville and the guy that was next to me had quail, I have bought chickens from him so I know him on a first name basis. I asked him what are you going to do with the quail eggs that his quail had laid that day, he said nothing here you want them? I accepted and then he went and got me a whole dozen of them that he had collected!! I got home from the swap and put them in my incubator......16 days later I have quail!!!! I am going to try pickling the eggs and I would like to try meat and also release some.....(yep, I have a permit [​IMG] )

I just would like to say for those of you hatchaholics........ you NEED to try these little cuties out!!!

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Very cute! Howeevverrr get some button quail hatching eggs and hatch those...THEN you'll see what small is! [​IMG] he he!

I've honestly never heard of people realeasing Coturnix Quail (A & Ms are coturnixs). Anyone have any info on releasing them?? I dont want to know to release mine as I know they'dj ust get eaten here, but im curious if others do. [​IMG]

Niki

9. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    by they way are you sure they're A & Ms? I thought A & Ms only came in white? Your lil guy looks just like my Pharoah Coturnix. (Pharoah just means wild color type).

here is what A & Ms are supposed to look like:

http://www.cbfsuperquail.com/AandMAbout.html

and here is what a Pharoah (normal wild colored) coturnix looks like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  10. Harley's girl

I just had 2 solid white ones hatch. The cage that the guy took them out of the quail were white and pied looking. And I guess I was thinking about bob white quail, those are from the wild. Maybe I shouldn't release them! :eek:

I would like to try some button, but what do you do with them?!! I am still trying to figure out what to do with these huge ones! LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by