My Quails & Pheasants *LOTS Of Pics = ) *

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by BirdBoy88, Sep 22, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Ok i finally had the time to take pics of the birds while i was cleaning out the brooders some pics are bad but it's hard taking pics of a bird that wont stay still Lol

1st ) Pheasants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2cnd ) A pure white bobwhite but with some spots on her that look like coturnix feathers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Butler Bobwhite

[​IMG]

3rd Coturnix quail *Tori grandquail*

[​IMG]

Button Quails.. now tori i took pics of only the buttons with different coloring.. the rest of the button chicks are the normal colors [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I lost rack of all my chicks ages LOL but i think they are all 3 going on 4 weeks old now

*** Don't forget to check out pics of my other chicks [​IMG]***

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=997845#p997845

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    awh my favorite is the last button quail! Looks like a blue faced hen??? maybe (total guess). [​IMG]

cute babies! [​IMG]

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    not sure yet i know i do have at least 3 normal color hens [​IMG]

but i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Confused here [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That white bobwhite chick well at least i think it's a bobwhite now..

she has the spot with other color feathering that look just like coturnix feathers AND when she chirps she sound just like a coturnix chicks...

now when the other bobwhites chirp they sound different.. it's more of a whistle kind of sound but not this white bobwhite.. i swear if you didn't see her but heard her chirp you would 100% think it's a coturnix quail chick

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Nice pheasnt!
    Are those birds from Charlie? (wilds of pa)

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Yup yup [​IMG]

they are little cuties

6. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    Nice looking chicks.
    I am expecting some button quail to hatch next week [​IMG]

7. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

BirdBoy88, nice pic's..your white bobwhite will loose those dark spots. They normally go full white as they molt in the first year...So by breeding season it should be pure white, it is all bobwhite, love there crest on there heads. after it gets a bit older they normally stand there crest up on there heads when they get happy or angry..hheheheheh......

Pheasants also look good..

o i wanted to also mention some of the whites will also look Frizzled until they molt out..I have a bunch of almost mature white bobs from this year that i kept and some had or have dark spots yet and some are also Frizzled looking as well, but this all comes out as time goes by in the first year. My White breeders are really awesome and all went through the same stages as what im telling you....so the one you have may or may not show that frizzling affect..

Thanks
    Charlie

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    after looking at that white chick more, I think I agree wtih you birdboy looks coturnix to me. NOt the feathers though, the beak looks like a coturnix quails, and the tail length looks coturnix. Bobwhites have longer tails. Guess just see how she matures more [​IMG].

9. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:I'm the same with it to.. i was thinking well maybe it is a white coturnix chick that hatch out of one of tori's eggs when i wasn't looking in the bator.. because they all were popping out so fast i couldn't keep track but i don't no like you said i just have to wait and see how she matures [​IMG]

10. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

If its a white bobwhite it should stay smaller than the butler..At hatch it should have been much smaller. However being they arent pictured togeather, i couldnt really say..

now Unless you got one of my project white bobwhite eggs by mistake..Wich i call "gaint jumbo whites"?? still working on them..If it is i will cry.. [​IMG]

however you may be right, looking at the shanks on that white one, it may be coturnix

charlie

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by