My Qual coop on youtube! ( built it myself! )

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Silkie88, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Silkie88

Silkie88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    Canada
    Hey guys this is my first post on this site, so why not make it a good one ? ;) I would like to share this coop i made a couple months ago for California valley quail. Please take into consideration that im 15 and dont have any carpentary experiance. Here's the vid!
    Enjoy =D

=

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Awesome job and nice video. Just because I only have chickens I was surprised to see them flying around. Guess you don't freerange quail.[​IMG]

3. Silkie88

Mar 29, 2012
    Canada

Thank you, and the quail are freaking out because i caught them from my property and at the time they were fairly new, now i moved them into my dads pigion coop and they free range 24/7 :D What type of chickens do you have? take care.

4. crazzzymike13

crazzzymike13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    Hey bro I saw your video awhile back and I told you I was going to build the same kind of coop. I saw the instructions on YouTube. Just letting you know I am almost done with my coop. When I get it done I will post a video and some pics of it. I asked you how it held up to wind. After putting it together I know it will be pretty solid. Anyways it's good seeing ya on here. By the way after I saw your video a few months ago I decided I'm going to start raising quail. I have some eggs in the incubator now.

5. Silkie88

Mar 29, 2012
    Canada

Thats awesome mike!!! Please send me a link to your vid and pics when your done [​IMG] And i do remember ya on youtube haha. Good luck with those little buggers!!! Best regards.

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Small world! I only have 4 Easter Eggers but my DH built a great coop for them. I can't believe those quail freerange!

7. Silkie88

Mar 29, 2012
    Canada
    Whats a DH? And they are in almost evrey night for there lock up ;)

8. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    DH = Dear Husband

I can't believe they free range either...not get ate AND come back every night...pretty clever quail you have. That is certainly atypical behavior and not the norm.

9. jbobs

jbobs Chillin' With My Peeps

FABULOUS! Can I put this on my blog under the Housing for Quail section?

10. jbobs

jbobs Chillin' With My Peeps

PS I see you are in Canada also - where abouts?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by