1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My R.I.R.'S, are they mixed breed? (PICS)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BellLisamo, Feb 11, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Heres a few pics of them they are about 3 months old. I have no idea what sex they are. Maybe you all can help with that too?

1. [​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3.[​IMG] ( #1's twin )

4.[​IMG]

5.[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Those are not pure RIRs, no.

3. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    I'll second that. Hope they were not sold to you as purebreds.

hugs

Rusty

4. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    on a bright note, you have a good chance they are pullets!

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

their RIR/EE mixes,, i had a herd of em that i bred,, i REALLY hope they were,nt sold as pures [​IMG] ,, specially since i had more demand for that mix then the pures lol [​IMG]

6. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    No no, my sister in law picked them up for me. I told her i wanted green eggs layers. So the guy that she bought them from said they would most likely be green layers? Umm.. could they be americana mixed? I dont know. I just hope they are pullets

7. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:You still have a demand for that mix? Wish i could ship ya a few. I want to get top hat chickens. I really really want mottled houdan's.

8. the1much

EE's,,,, most people call EE's americanas, arucanas,,all the other cana's,,, but their not,, their EE's,, and you have a good chance of a blue'ish greenish egg from them [​IMG]

9. the1much

Quote:You still have a demand for that mix? Wish i could ship ya a few. I want to get top hat chickens. I really really want mottled houdan's.

i hatch out ALOT of chicks each week lol,, i dont do that mix right now,, but did,, i think you'll find out that these are gonna be great birds,, and the real red 1 will have a coolies looking beard

10. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ

i hatch out ALOT of chicks each week lol,, i dont do that mix right now,, but did,, i think you'll find out that these are gonna be great birds,, and the real red 1 will have a coolies looking beard

[​IMG] COOL. my daughter likes green eggs and ham. ha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by